I love winter because then, you get to bust out the hats and scarves! I’m gradually building up my hat wardrobe and picking up a couple of colorful scarves in the process. Accessories are perfect for brightening up any dreary day. Plus, you can get them for cheap and still look chic. That’s where H&M and Forever 21 come into the picture perfectly. Where else can you find dozens of different hat styles and scarf patterns for under $10?
So here’s a couple of winter hat looks just for fun!
The slouchy beret/beanie:
A small bib beanie…which I got for $3 at H&M in the guys section because they were having a 50% accessories sale.
Or how about this cute pom pom cap from Forever21?
I can’t wait for Christmas to wear these hats when I head off skiing/snowboarding in Lake Tahoe!
I finally took a picture of the sweater clip that I made…from my camera phone.
To make your own, you need a couple of items:
- A string of pearls
- A vest clip or 2 alligator clips
- 2 Owl Pendants or any other pendant you want (make sure it overs the top of the clips)
- Crimp Beads (2)
- Some Tacky Glue or Super Glue
The perfect leather handbag.
Everyone needs one but I haven’t saved up enough money to purchase one yet, but it hasn’t stopped me from window shopping!
I would love to have an awesome black bag that matches with everything from casual excursions to a fancy dinner. The feel of the leather is important because even if it looks nice, if the texture isn’t soft and silky, it’s not worth it. I love the smell, the feel, and the look of real leather… and I find it quite hard to duplicate the experience of genuine leather with faux products.
When looking for a great handbag, consider the following tips:
- Find a great style that you like and make sure the size is appropriate for your frame, nothing too big nor too small
- Check the quality of the material, whether it’s leather, suede, nylon, canvas, etc. Make sure it’s well make and it doesn’t look cheap in the sunlight
- Check the quality of the hardware and look for potential problems such as vulnerable clasps, handles, etc. Even if the material is luxe, if the hardware looks cheap, it makes the whole thing look cheap
Anyways, onto my three picks:
Botkier Trigger Clyde Satchel $650
Kooba Tess Leather Shoulder Bag $575
Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Groovee Satchel $498