Since I put myself on a shopping ban for this month, I created a wishlist of outfits that I can see myself wearing.
It’s pretty tame, but the subtle details and pops of color reflect my personality. I tend to shy away from matchy-matchy accessories, opting for colors and materials that complement one another but still go together.
A basic work look with a blazer and trousers sounds boring, however, adding some jewel tones makes it visually interesting. There are several key elements that make this look modern, incorporating some trends without being over-styled.
- Mix materials from wool to suede for 3D texture
- Fitted/tailored pieces make the body look sleek and slim
- High-waisted wide leg pants create a sophisticated silhouette
- A blouse with a bateau neckline balances the body proportions
- Minimal but vibrantly textured accessories ties it all together
Not only am I creating these outfits to pine over what I don’t have, I’m using them as templates.
I love wearing pants so the outfit above is definitely one I would wear. I have some similar items, so improvising an outfit based on this inspiration shouldn’t be too difficult. I’m looking forward to fall and I don’t mind the ban so far.
How about you readers?
What’s on your fall wishlist? What trends are you excited about?