I wear makeup but I’m not obsessed with it.
Usually, I wear the minimum amount to look presentable.
My foundation provides more coverage than a tinted moisturizer because my skin tends to get a pink undertone that I don’t quite appreciate. But aside from that, I’ve accepted the peculiarities of my facial features and skin conditions.
Sometimes, I wish cosmetic brands would make it easier to find things that work for my skin type, but I guess trial and error works best. There are so many brands out there now, how can one choose to stick with a single brand anymore?
Aside from facial moisturizer, here is my basic daily makeup regimen
- Stila Illuminating liquid foundation – 50 watts
- Nars pressed powder – Fiji
- Nars blush – Orgasm
- Origins Sheer lip gloss – Fruit Punch
- Ulta Automatic Eyeliner -black/brown
- Sephora Lash Plumper mascara – black
And a few extras
- Marc Jacobs perfume – Daisy
- OPI Nail Lacquer – Cosmo-Not Tonight Honey
When I want to dress up, I add liquid eyeliner, false lashes, and a bit of eyeshadow for dramatic effect. Though I have several eyeshadow palettes, I don’t use them very often.
Keeping things natural and simple is best. Cake-face isn’t a good look for anyone. So for me, the minimal look is my main objective.