LA certainly has crazy weather patterns. It was totally windy yesterday and knocked out my power for 5 hours! Anyways, I haven’t been doing well without my camera so I’m resorting to my camera phone. It doesn’t take the best pictures, but it works.
I got this great velvet Ecolé blazer in OP from J.Crew a while back and I hardly ever wear it. I know J.Crew updated the Ecolé jacket into the Eden jacket.
Today, I’m busting out this jacket to showcase a couple of ways to wear it. After all, a great jacket deserves multiple outfits of praise.
The Day Looks
Outfit 1: Gap White Scoop Neck Tee ($10), R&R Skinny Jeans ($100), Charlotte Russe Booties ($20), F21 Pendant ($4)
Outfit 2: Hong Kong Striped Cowl Neck Sweater, PacSun Gray Jeans ($40), Le Petit Sperone from M+O Brown Suede Boots ($100)
The Night Looks
Outfit 3: Nordstrom Snakeskin Pattern Tank ($15), Arden B Bandage Skirt ($17), Cathy Jean Zipper Gladiators ($40), Good Choice Gifts Tiered Necklace ($5)
Outfit 4: Arden B Sequins Tiered Dress ($68), Cathy Jean Zipper Gladiators ($40)
A cropped blazer is a great addition to any wardrobe.
- I pushed up the sleeves to my elbows to lengthen the look of my arms
- Skinny jeans or straight leg jeans help slim your frame. Bootcut, flared, and wide leg trousers can work, just check the proportions.
- Choose a top that is either shorter than the jacket length or longer to break up the body without looking boxy. Have a loose scoop neck top to open up face area and to add height to your frame. Horizontal stripes can be flattering! The fitted jacket provides structure to the stripes so that it doesn’t overwhelm your body.
- When pairing gladiators or T-strap shoes, go for a higher hemline to elongate the legs. For a more conservative look, add colored tights or patterned stockings.
- It is possible to wear knee high boots even if you’re short. Make sure the bottoms are slim and close-fitted to the body…like skinny jeans or leggings. Wear a short tunic or top that’s lowest point hits mid hip to avoid accentuating the hip area.