I’m not that big on makeup. I love everything simplified…that’s why I have an eyes, cheeks, and lip kit that covers the changing colors each season. Not only is the kit versatile, it also saves me money so I don’t have to keep spending money on new colors.
To me, the best makeup look is one that makes your skin look flawless. Once that’s achieved, you look great with any look.
Currently, I’m looking for a good foundation and primer. I use liquid foundation every now and then, but I end up with more coverage than I want. I’m trying mineral makeup, but it’s a hit or miss. Perhaps cream to powder foundation. As for a primer…I want a good eye and skin primer. That way, the makeup lasts longer and looks better throughout the day.
Here’s my basic makeup regime:
- Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer ($9)
- NARS Liquid Foundation ($40) or Everyday Minerals Original Glo Powder Foundation ($3 sample)
- CoverGirl Bronzer ($4)
- Brown Eyeliner Pencil/Mascara ($1/sample)
- Origins Lip Gloss ($14.50)
On fancier days:
- Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost (as a primer) ($23.50)
- NYC Liquid Eyeliner ($2)
- Jasmine La Belle Cosmetic Kit – for eyes, cheeks, and lips ($20)
Just because I’m pretty low-key with makeup doesn’t mean that I don’t love the seasonal trends. Like the NARS Fall Look, (picture from Nitrolicious and NARS) it’s soft, moody, and sophisticated. I’m not sure if I could pull it off, but I’ll be experimenting with my cosmetic kit and if I can’t do it on my own, I’ll be heading over to bluemercury for some professional help!